Foundation Curacao Open (Fundashon Kòrsou Habrí) is happy to announce that the language institute FPI released the ‘list of words in papiamentu‘ under a CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license since Sept. 16, 2011. That’s quite a step forward for our beautiful island.
Foundation Curacao Open released a spellchecker for Open/LibreOffice on Software Freedom Day, Sept. 17th, 2011.
You can download the spell checker based on the official word list here.
HOW TO INSTALL THE SPELLCHECKER
1. Dowload this file from http://opencuracao.com
2. In Open/LibreOffice, go to Tools -> Extention Manager
3. Click ‘Add…’ and then navigate to the file you saved in step 1.
4. You should see license and other info.,
5. RESTART OpenOffice/LibreOffice!
6. Make a new document.
7. Go to Tools -> Language -> for all Text
8. Choose ‘Papiamentu (Netherlands Antilles)’
9. start typing!